Publicado el 14 Jul, 2020
Top 10 benefits of automation testing
What is automation testing?
Simply put, automation testing automates time-consuming, repetitive tasks. How is it achieved? Using software technologies like Selenium or Ranorex. The main objective of this process is to free up the company’s valuable human resources and allow them to focus on core business activities that require a high degree of human commitment (something that will be always needed).
Some of the key areas in which automation software is used are customer billing, inventory management, customer service, security, software maintenance, etc. Regardless of the nature or size of your business, introducing automation testing can be a winning strategy to significantly transform your business and making it more productive.
In their day-to-day business, companies are under a lot of pressure and have the need to perform complex and laborious tasks faster than their competitors. Therefore, the goal becomes to automate as many typical manual processes and time-consuming tasks as possible, without compromising service and quality of work.
10 benefits of automating testing
Automation testing is able to dramatically optimize companies’ workflow, make it more efficient, more reliable, and generate higher profits. In addition, it is responsible for managing information, data and processes, with the ultimate goal of reducing costs, resources and investments. But that’s not all, automating key processes through technology increases productivity.
Of course, the initial cost of automating your processes can be a considerable investment; However, the long-term benefits make it worthwhile. These are some of the many benefits of automating your processes:
- Increased productivity: Automation is about simplifying day-to-day activities, allowing the software system to do them for the employee. It ensures that each action is performed identically, resulting in consistent and efficient results every time. By dealing with monotonous and recurring tasks, automation leads to greater workflow efficiency, so employees can focus their attention on core business processes. As a result, it enables companies to achieve more results with less effort.
- Reduction of time and costs: Performing tasks manually requires much more time than if they were automated. This frees up employee time to work on tasks that really add value to the business, allowing the company to be more innovative and increase the level of employee motivation. Manual errors and inaccuracies occur when humans are involved. Automation can greatly reduce costs associated with errors such as late or void payments and functionalities working incorrectly in the software after a change.
- Greater visibility: Automation testing systems include dashboards where you can view and monitor the process and see where things are at any given time. This is useful in managing deadlines and for capacity planning purposes.
- Increases the quality levels of the company: An automated process ensures that all actions are performed identically, ruling out any margin for error. Each product and service are performed consistently, without deviations. This results in higher quality products and more reliable customer service. The improved consistency also encourages the development of more feature-packed products with no increase in production time and costs.
- Improvements in internal communication: Chatting, emails, and phone calls between employees can result in many details being lost. An automated system provides an organized and visual platform where all employees have a centralized view. Updates and documentation are recorded and managed so that all information is up to date. There are controls to prevent overlapping information and access permissions.
- Accuracy: Automated software ensures that prerequisite jobs are completed successfully, jobs are not forgotten or run out of sequence, and that any special process is performed. The software can handle tedious and complex tasks intelligently and dynamically, relieving personnel from hours of tedious, manual tasks. In conclusion, automation testing helps ensure that every and all action within the automated operation is performed accurately and identically, which means high quality and highly reliable results each time.
- More control over operations: Automation testing systems have rigid guidelines regarding the control document and process actions. This eliminates situations where processing steps might be missed or documents misplaced. Employees do not need to worry about verifying accuracy of information and tasks; it’s all built into the system. This greatly increases the dependability and reliability of the process.
- Manage tasks more efficiently: The various departments involved in any process can access the automated workflow in just a few steps. No more emails or phone calls to other departments requesting status. You can set up regular monitoring and reminders within the automated system so that nothing in the process is overlooked. Also, for the software automation, there are different tools to implement BDD (Behavior Driven Development) like Cucumber or Gauge, that help external or business personnel with a non-technical role to understand what the automation is testing and define new tests using a human-readable language to be developed later by the tech team.
- Customer satisfaction: Automation testing not only brings benefits for the company itself, it can also make customers happier. By obtaining accurate, reliable, and consistent products and services, you will improve customer confidence in the company.
- Happy employees: The biggest mistake companies make is that they increase their employees’ work shifts to compensate for their failures. Thanks to automation, most slow manual processes are automated, so there is no need for employees to work overtime. This will help unleash the creative and most innovative side of employees.
In conclusion, the automation testing is becoming a crucial strategy to get companies to grow and be able to serve more customers. Using the right automation tools, companies can manage workflows, provide a consistent experience for all their customers, and automate redundant tasks. Consequently, the company will experience a significant improvement in its results.
Are you a Mr/Mrs Techi? Here you have more ‘tech’ articles that may interest you.